The National Community Foundation is a philanthropic, non-profit, community based, non-governmental organization that functions primarily as a grant making institution. The NCF was established in August 2002 and supports initiatives that engender self-development and social upliftment.
The NCF is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and depends heavily on the effort of volunteers for carrying out its work.
- To receive and distribute philanthropic funds for the benefit of targeted individuals, groups, organizations or other charitable causes in a manner consistent with specific interests of contributors and objectives of the Foundation.
- To facilitate the empowerment of individuals and groups living in challenging circumstances, including children who want to pursue their education.
- To provide philanthropic leadership and help create, sustain and promote efforts among citizens to improve the quality of life within the wider community.
- To provide support to poor, needy or disadvantaged persons
- To advocate for such shifts in public policy and in public attitude that would support the aims and objectives of the Foundation.