BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The NCF Board of Directors is the policy making body for the National Community Foundation. The composition and duties for the board were established in the Community Foundation Act No. 26 of 2002.
Composition of the Board:
- A representative of the National Insurance Corporation.
- Two representatives of Government named by the Minister after consultation with Cabinet.
- A representative from the private sector.
- A representative of the Christian Council of Saint Lucia.
- A representative of the Poverty Reduction Fund named by the Minister responsible for the Poverty Reduction Fund.
- A representative from Saint Lucia National Youth Council.
- A representative selected from women’s group
- A representative of service clubs.
- A representative of the trade unions
- The Executive Director , ex officio
The Duties of the Board:
- Ensure that all segments of the wider community have equal access to the resources of the foundation.
- Formulate and approve policies to guide the work of staff and committees
- Ensure the Foundation’s accountability to its contributors
- Determine the investments of the Foundation
- Establish Rules and Regulations to guide the operations of the Foundation
- Consider and approve request for funding
- Provide philanthropic leadership and help create, sustain and promote efforts among citizens to improve the quality of life within the wider community
- Advocate for such shifts in public policy and in public attitude that would support the aims and objective of the Foundation