NCF Areas Of Focus
The National Community Foundation focuses its attention in seven main areas. These include;
- Youth at Risk: The NCF funds projects organized by community groups and various sporting clubs which are geared at modifying At Risk Behavior. These include: Summer Camps, purchasing of sporting gear, capacity building workshops, among others.
- Older Persons: Organizations such as Feed the Poor Ministry, Soufriere Soup Kitchen and HelpAge Saint Lucia receive annual contributions from the NCF to provide food to the homeless and older persons in communities across the Island.
- Scholarship Programme: During the academic year 2013-2014 this programme will continue to assist one hundred and twenty five (125) secondary school students and four (4) tertiary level students. Providing them with books, uniform, shoes, facility fees, meal and travel allowances.
- Health Care: NCF continues to provide funds to assist seriously ill individuals who can not afford the high cost of medical treatment. Approximately One hundred and fifty thousand Dollars($150,000.00 ) was spent on medical expenses during the period August 2012 to July 2013.
- Homeless: Small grants are provided to persons who have lost their homes as a result of man made and natural disasters.
- Persons with Disabilities: Funds are disbursed to Special Education Centre’s to ensure that children with disabilities have the opportunity to attend school and in that way feel integrated into the society. Small projects are also funded to help persons with disabilities improve their economic status.
- Chess in Schools: