NCF Annual Schools Chess Tournament
The NCF Chess in Schools Program was designed with the objectives to develop critical thinking skills, build self-esteem, engender discipline, foster positive social skills, promote academic achievement and empower children to succeed. The National Community Foundation has over the last few years been able to facilitate the EC Global Chess Tournament through valuable sponsorship of the chess program.
This year The NCF Annual Chess competition was held on the 28th April 2016 at the Golden Palm Conference room at Rodney Bay Gros-Islet. A total of 21 primary and secondary schools island wide participated in a knock off inter district round where the 12 schools advanced to the Finals.
The activity began 10:30pm with addresses by the NCF executive director Mrs. Michelle Phillips and Mrs. Anne Marie Herman of GK Insurance. The finalist played three (3) rounds each before progressing at the winner’s table where they played for the three (3) top places in each division. The tournament was successful and the children displayed a high level of sportsmanship. The Tournament ended at 2pm.
Below are the school placements of the NCF National Schools Chess Tournament
Primary School Category
- Bradon Chastanet : 1st Place winner – International School
- Kurt Emmanuel : 2nd Place winner- R.C Boys Primary School
- Neige Annerville : 3rd Place Winner – RichFord Primary School
Overall Primary School: Bradon Chastanet – International School
Secondary School Division
- Sven Fevrier : 1st Place winner – Castries Comprehensive Secondary School
- Eli Adampoulos : 2nd Place winner – Leon Hess Secondary School
- Andy Rosemand -3rd Place Winner –Clendon Mason Secondary School
Overall Secondary: Sven Fevrier – CCSS
Top Primary Vs Top Secondary: Winner Sven Fevrier -CCSS